“Know thy customers” is a cardinal rule to be followed while designing for them. This course teaches you to research your customers and gather their requirements with respect to your site/app design. You will learn how to apply tested customer-centered data-gathering methodologies and create a relevant information architecture that maps to your customers' mental model and expectations.
The User-Centered Analysis and Conceptual Design course teaches this key skill of customer-centered data-gathering, leading to delightful experience design
- 3 days of practical learning regarding how to define and analyze your customers' requirements
- Translating requirements into a conceptual design that is effective and usable for the target audience
- Hands-on training in data-gathering and creating an information architecture
Some of the many topics covered
- Design strategy
- User profiles, personas and scenarios
- Effective interviews and how to frame meaningful questions
- Challenges of survey design
- Task flow analysis
- Customer-driven information architecture
Who should attend
- Usability / UX / UI practitioners
- Website and app developers
- Interface designers
- Information architects
- Graphic or visual artists
- Content writers
- Project managers
This course helps you understand key topics covered
in the Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)™ examination.
Please share your details and our program advisor will get in touch with you.